Howto implement bootchooser <-> rauc interaction

Konstantin Kletschke konstantin.kletschke at inside-m2m.de
Fri Dec 17 04:50:51 PST 2021

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 11:00:28AM +0100, Ahmad Fatoum wrote:

> You need to tell bootchooser which state to take via bootchooser.state_prefix,
> but that's it. No need to mess direclty with the state variables.

Okay, this sounds reasonable.

> See https://elinux.org/images/9/9d/Barebox-bells-n-whistles.pdf Slide 26 for an example
> /env/nv for a redundant boot setup.

Thank you, I will investigate.

> It's a two step thing. First you define your targets, e.g. system0 and system1
> Then bootchooser knows the name of the state variables to consult and then
> basically does boot ${global.bootchooser.system0.boot}.

Okay, I need to figure this out.

Thanks again for your patience, I will test out all your hints and
examples and instructios, thank you!

Kind Regards
Konstantin

--

INSIDE M2M GmbH
Konstantin Kletschke

Telefon: +49 (0) 5137 90950136
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 15256238
Fax: +49 (0) 5137 9095010

konstantin.kletschke at inside-m2m.de
http://www.inside-m2m.de

Geschäftsführung: Michael Emmert, Ingo Haase, Dr. Fred Könemann, Derek Uhlig
HRB: 111204, AG Hannover