Support for QEMU virt ARM 32

Andre Wagner andre.wagner at richard-wolf.com
Thu Nov 30 08:39:30 PST 2017

On 30.11.2017 15:53, Lucas Stach wrote:
> Hi André,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 30.11.2017, 15:29 +0100 schrieb Andre Wagner:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to add support for the Qemu virt ARM32 machine (qemu
>> version
>> 2.10) based on the existing Qemu virt ARM64 support. In my
>> understanding
>> the emulated CPU is only a ARMv7 CPU instead of a ARMv8 CPU. Is this
>> correct?
> VExpress is the generic ARM32 QEMU platform. Barebox already supports
> that. Check out the last release (as it has some improvements in that
> area), and build the vexpress_defconfig.
>
> To run the emulated platform take a look at Documentation/boards/arm-
> qemu-vexpress.rst
>
> Regards,
> Lucas
Thank you very much for the fast reply, I got a barebox working with
vexpress on Qemu now! Just a question (little bit off topic): The Qemu
virt ARM64 barebox version is called with: qemu-system-aarch64 -m 2048M
-cpu cortex-a57 -machine virt -display none -serial stdio -kernel
../barebox/barebox (according to
http://barebox.org/doc/latest/boards/aarch64-qemu-virt.html). The first
tests I did were starting my broken barebox version with qemu-system-arm
-m 2048M -cpu cortex-a15 -machine virt -display none -serial stdio
-kernel ../barebox/barebox. Is this 'virt' machine not the _real_ Qemu
virt ARM32?

Greetings,
André

+++
Richard Wolf GmbH, Pforzheimer Strasse 32, 75438 Knittlingen
Managing Directors: Juergen Pfab, Juergen Steinbeck. Trade Register: Mannheim HRB 510031
+++
Richard Wolf GmbH routinely monitors the content of e-mail sent and received via its network for the purposes of ensuring compliance with its policies and procedures. Richard Wolf GmbH is not responsible for any changes made to the message after it has been sent. Where opinions are expressed, they are not necessarily those of Richard Wolf GmbH. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to them, you may not copy, forward, disclose, or otherwise use it or any part of it in any way. To do so may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please advise the sender immediately.
+++