Barebox and ext4 ? problems

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 01:27:48 PDT 2017

Simon Aittamaa <simon.aittamaa at gmail.com> writes:

> I think it was metadata_csum and 64bit...

You're right.

My SDCard was formatted months ago, I only used rsync for the updates.
But the eMMC was formatted afresh by a script from me. I found out with
the feature command "debugfs" that the partitions have different
features enables. In my case it was only 64bit, not metadata_csum.

I now use

	mkfs.ext4 -O ^64bit -F -j -L $label /dev/mmcblk0p$partition

to format it. It spits out some ugly warning that 64bit is the best
thing since sliced bread, but if you ignore this, then everything is
fine!

To get rid of this uglyness, I use:

	mkfs.ext4 -O ^64bit -F -j -L $label /dev/mmcblk0p$partition | \
		grep -v 64-bit | \
		grep -v 64bit

I think I'll post a patch to Barebox that either allows it to mount
partions with the 64bit feature. Or to refuse the mount with a proper
error message.