i.MX6 frame buffer inside barebox?

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 00:25:02 PDT 2014

Whaaa, it never occured to me that I have to enable the framebuffer as
well...   thanks, now it works.

As for simplefb, I removed that. I thought that this sets up a
framebuffer in the bootloader, which when Linux' framebuffer driver
takes over, without reprogramm or screen flicker. However, it seems
that this only works with specific framebuffer patterns, e.g. some 16
and 32 bit special rgb formats. I don't really get the need for that,
because the bootloader already has programmed the graphics device
correctly, the Linux driver could just re-use that information, so I
don't really see a need why the framebuffer organization has to be
present in the device tree in yet-another-format (tm).