Problems with pyhBoard-Wega-AM335x

Rolf Evers-Fischer embedded24 at evers-fischer.de
Mon Jul 7 05:29:21 PDT 2014

Hello Florian,

> Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> hat am 7. Juli 2014 um 14:00
> geschrieben:
>

> On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 01:14:35PM +0200, Frede Florian wrote:
> > Hello Rolf,
> >
> > thank you very much...
> > after I selected the mentioned entry in the menu the problem was solved...
> > but the board do not prompt any thing on the UART1... so I do not
> > know if barebox is loaded
>
> When using mainline barebox please build the am335x_mlo_defconfig for
> the MLO and the am335x_defconfig for the main binary. The images
> are then found under:
>
> images/barebox-am33xx-phytec-phycore-mlo.img
> images/barebox-am33xx-phytec-phycore.img
>
> I diffed you config against the mainline config and the following
> options are really crucial to let the binary work correctly:
>
> -CONFIG_TEXT_BASE=0x0
> -CONFIG_MALLOC_SIZE=0x0
> -CONFIG_MALLOC_TLSF=y
> -CONFIG_RELOCATABLE=y
> +CONFIG_TEXT_BASE=0x402F0400
> +CONFIG_STACK_SIZE=0x1600
> +CONFIG_MALLOC_SIZE=0x1000000

in fact, these settings are essential.
If you still can't see anything, you can also enable the config item "Debugging"
-> "low level debug messages". With this option enabled, you should at least see
a '>' on UART1 right after power-on. This character will be output at the end of
function pcm051_board_init().
If you like to debug the further startup, you could also enable the "Debugging"
-> "Trace initcalls" option in barebox_mlo config.

Best regards,
 Rolf