How to debug Ethernet connectivity

Atilla Filiz atilla.filiz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 04:39:17 EST 2013

My problem is, /dev/phy0 never appears when I give the correct phy address.

Unable to find a PHY (unknown ID?)
dhcp failed: I/O error
dhcp: I/O error

Also, fec_probe function for fec_imx driver never gets called.
Ironically, I do not get an I/O error when I give the wrong phy
address. Still nothing gets detected and no device node appears, but
ethernet works(by forcing the line detect functions to return 0).

I will talk to the hardware guys to verify the pin muxing and phy address.

--
Atilla Filiz