How to debug Ethernet connectivity

Antony Pavlov antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 10:30:29 EST 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 14:31:23 +0100
Atilla Filiz <atilla.filiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, then my problem is slightly more clear, that /dev/phy0 does not exist.
> I do define a struct fec_platform_data with
> xcv_type=PHY_INTERFACE_MODE_MII and register it via imx27_add_fec().
>
> Now I need to find out why it fails to register the device.

There is an issue with current barebox.

The /dev/phy0 device not present just after boot. You need somehow to use network
to make it appeared.

Use this [ugly!] method:
  Run barebox on your board. Just after boot /dev/phy0 is absent.
  So run 'dhcp' command. In a few seconds press "ctrl-c" to interrupt it.
  Check /dev/phy0 presence.

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Alexander Aring <alex.aring at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Don't know what miitool does in this case, but mc13xxx is not your phy,
> >> it's your PMIC.
> >>

> > oh, doesn't realize that :D. So reading zeros can make sense in some
> > offset. :-)
> >
> > - Alex
>

> --
> Atilla Filiz