Porting BareBox to Variscite iMX6 SOM

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Thu Aug 22 02:55:52 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 02:46:17PM -0400, Michael Burkey wrote:
> Sascha,
>
> You can ignore part of my last post -- I found the
> "imx6q-phytec-pbab01" on github (it looks like a lot of the things I
> am needing and working on are right on the edge of development where
> you are working as well).

github? The original barebox repository is here:

git.pengutronix.de/git/barebox.git

> I also noticed some posts in the mailing list that you made last month
> regarding adding gpmi-nand support for iMX6 (or at least some wrappers
> for it). Has the actual gpmi-nand support been completed and
> integrated (or will the existing mxs-nand driver from the i.MX23/28
> work as-is)?

The Nand support for i.MX6 is currently in the master branch and will be
part of the next (v2013.09.0) release. Same with the PhyFLEX i.MX6
support. Sorry, I originally thought this was in the last release.

> I've also been doing a lot of reading on devicetree and what it
> entails to migrate in that direction (everything I had been doing
> previously had been iMX35 based and started from the older Phytec
> BSP's, so I hadn't really looked at how devicetree worked). I may have
> some more questions on this going forward.

No problem, don't hesitate to ask.