PCM038 USB is broken again

Alexander Shiyan shc_work at mail.ru
Thu Aug 15 15:32:41 EDT 2013

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 08:26:07 +0200
Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 02:56:56PM +0400, Alexander Shiyan wrote:
> > And yes, this works after "usb" command:
> > barebox at ConnectCore i.MX51:/ usb
> > USB: scanning bus for devices...
> > Found NXP ISP150x ULPI transceiver (0x04cc:0x1504).
> > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 EHCI Host Controller
> > 1 USB Device(s) found
> >
> > So, you consider this is not a bug?
>
> Doing the initialization twice is not nice and wasn't intended, so
> indeed this is something worth fixing.

Datasheet MCIMX51RM.pdf says:
60.3.8 ULPI/Serial MUX
Host1, Host2, and OTG cores can be configured by software for ULPI or Serial PHY operation. The
ULPI/Serial mux selects between ULPI interface signals and Serial PHY interface signals. The mux is
controlled by the PHY Select signals from the USB core and is switched when the software selects the
interface mode.
The default configuration for the mux is Serial mode. Switching to ULPI mode is done by writing the
Parallel Transceiver Select (PTS) bits in the PORTSC register with 0b10.

So, we need to setup PORTSC to ULPI mode first.

--
Alexander Shiyan <shc_work at mail.ru>