TX53: Not Bootable from next tree

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Mon Nov 5 07:52:58 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 12:08:10PM +0100, Christian Kapeller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just flashed barebox from the next tree onto a TX53-8030 module,
> and have to report, that the board won't boot.
>
> Currently I've tried to run it with MMU off and setting the text-base
> to 0x71000000, with no positive results.
>
> I'll do further investigation, but meanwhile does anyone have barebox
> running on a TX53 board?

I just tested that it works for me as second stage. I can't test 1st
stage atm as I currently have no physical access to the board.

Some guesses: Have you checked the correct the correct board revision in
the config? It's the default, so I assume it's correct.

Are you using the barebox-flash-image link or barebox.bin? You have to
use the former because it's a compressed image.

You might want to disable compressed image support in
 General settings ->
  memory layout ->
   [ ] pre-bootoloader image

And see if that works.