i.MX21 USB OTG

Derald D. Woods woods.rt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:25:44 EDT 2012

All,

I have an existing design that uses the i.MX21 ARM9 processor. The
design currently uses an external USB OTG chip. The chip is now
end-of-life. I know that this is an older ARM processor. It still meets
most of the design needs. Is the i.MX21 OTG functionality considered
reliable? I have not seen any real success stories with the i.MX21 USB
OTG implementation. Our board currently utilizes the USB OTG chip at
the bootloader and Linux kernel level.

I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction or warned of
impending danger.

I posted to this list because the support for i.MX2x processors is still
fairly active in the Barebox community.

Derald D. Woods