how to read GPIO values from command line?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Feb 9 12:32:02 EST 2012

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012, Eric Bénard wrote:

> Le Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:34:55 -0500 (EST),
> "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> a écrit :
> >   so what exactly does one do to read those values?  i tried:
> >
> > barebox at Texas Instrument's Beagle:/ gpio_direction_input 171
> > barebox at Texas Instrument's Beagle:/ gpio_get_value 171
> >
> > but what do i check?  the shell variable $?  i'm not sure what i
> > should do next.
> >
> you can check the mux of the pins to be sure they are in GPIO mode.

  ok, bear with me as i'm in new territory here.  i'm assuming that in
order to do that, i need to configure barebox with
MACH_OMAP_ADVANCED_MUX, yes?  because at the moment, the default is
*not*, as you can see in arch/arm/mach-omap/Kconfig:

config MACH_OMAP_ADVANCED_MUX
        bool "Enable advanced pin muxing"
        depends on MACH_OMAP343xSDP
        default n
        help
          Say Y here if you would like to have complete pin muxing to be
          done at boot time

am i correct in guessing that that's why i'm not getting the values
i'm expecting?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca