how do i add the defn for the beagle xM to barebox?

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Sun Feb 5 14:44:43 EST 2012

Le Sun, 5 Feb 2012 13:00:13 -0500 (EST),
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> a écrit :

> On Sun, 5 Feb 2012, Eric Bénard wrote:
>
> > This is the case where u-boot is built with SPL thus reoplacing
> > x-load : they always read NAND ID as some XM boards were mounted
> > with Numonyx POP which includes NAND and 166MHz RAM when mot XM
> > boards have a POP with only 200MHz DDR (and in that case
> > manufacturer ID is 0). So even on a XM you need to check the NAND ID
> > to set the right RAM settings.
>
>   ah, got it.  but what about in a more general case?  what if you
> have a current, accurate definition for an existing board?  then a
> *slight* variant of that board comes along, for which some settings in
> the defconfig file are simply wrong?
>
>   are there any examples of that in barebox right now?  and if not,
> how would one handle them?  put another way, what if *all* xM boards
> had no NAND?  then we'd be back to my original question, and it's
> still not clear how you'd define that new board for barebox.

if no XM board had NAND, you would simply check the board type using the
GPIO sampled and you wouldn't register the nand (line 305 in
board-beagle.c) and the fact that the nand driver is enabled is not a
problem if the device is not registrered the driver won't be used.

Eric
--
http://eukrea.com/en/news/104-2012