lots of inaccurate references to "FileName: include/asm-arm ..."
Robert P. J. Day
rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Dec 4 11:13:41 EST 2012
while roaming around in the arm/omap files, i noticed that numerous
files have obsolete "FileName:" values, given that stuff that was once
in "include/asm-arm" has clearly moved, so you find header files like
arch/arm/mach-omap/include/mach/gpmc_nand.h that contain:
* FileName: include/asm-arm/arch-omap/gpmc_nand.h
* OMAP's General Purpose Memory Controller (GPMC) has a NAND controller
* embedded. this file provides the platform data structure required to
* hook on to it.
* (C) Copyright 2008
* Texas Instruments, <www.ti.com>
* Nishanth Menon <x0nishan at ti.com>
* Originally from Linux kernel:
so the later comment as to the *origin* of the file is fine, but the
earlier "FileName" value is obviously incorrect. does that matter?
is that value used for any sort of documentation processing?
p.s. you can see the number of these with a simple:
$ grep -r "include/asm-arm" *
since i'm working with a number of the ARM files, i'd be happy to
"fix" that stuff for some reasonable definition of "fix". :-)
Robert P. J. Day Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
More information about the barebox