test app

Vanalme Filip F.Vanalme at TELEVIC.com
Wed Mar 9 03:28:49 EST 2011

[Filip]  yes.
I meanwhile adjusted Makefile and test app source code to start from address 0xA0000000. This seem to work well. My test app is running now.
Because it's just a test app, I think it's OK to put it at the beginning of the external RAM (so at address 0xA0000000). No use in trying to move it to another region in the external RAM, is it ?

> Note that in my example I used /dev/sram0 (on-chip 128K SRAM), not /dev/ram0
> (external DDR2 RAM).
>
> baruch

[Filip] If I'm right (have to verify though), i.MX27 does not have any SRAM on board. So, I guess external RAM will be the only option. Because the test app resides in the external RAM, it won't be possible to test the whole RAM. But I think we can live with that limitation.

Thanks !

Filip