iMX35 3stack framebuffer problem

Boaz Ben-David boaz.bd at wellsense-tech.com
Mon Mar 7 11:35:10 EST 2011

Hi,

When using the iMX35 freescale 3stack we are having some issues with the FB driver.
On device boot we enable the fb using "fb0.enable=1" and then try to boot the kernel from nand.
The problem is that after the kernel is loaded to RAM and extracted the board hangs.
If we do not init the fb0 device but simply boot the kernel it works fine.
Trying "fb0.enable=0" before booting also did not help.
Did anyone encounter this issue yet or are we doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Boaz.