barebox for leopardboard

Tyler W. Wilson tyler at tylerlabs.com
Fri Feb 5 12:58:54 EST 2010

On 2/5/2010 1:49 PM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> Hi Tyler,
>
> On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 12:25:28PM -0400, Tyler W. Wilson wrote:
>
>> I am curious if anybody has done any work on getting barebox running on
>> the leopardboard, so I do not reproduce effort.
>>
>> I am especially interested in setting up a bootloader that directly
>> supports USB and DFU, so that I do not need to use the UART/serial port.
>>
> I know nothing about the leopardboard, from googling I found out that
> this is a beagleboard with a camera connected to it, right? Barebox runs
> on the beagleboard, but unfortunately we do not have USB support for it.
> You would have to port the usb driver for it, then DFU should work.
> As a first shot you can compile the beagleboard defconfig and see how
> far you get.
>
> Sascha

Unfortunately, it is a little different - it uses a DaVinci DM355
processor, which is an ARM9 + custom DSP. The beagleboard uses an OMAP3x
of course. Unfortunately, even I am confused on the TI naming scheme as
to what is an OMAP versus what is a DaVinci.

I will probably do as you suggest - start with the beagleboard configs
and also look at the leopardboard code in the ti u-boot repo. Hopefully
that will give me enough data to get the basic barebox running.

The USB worries me, since I am just familiar enough with it to know how
complex it can be. Time will tell.

Thank you for your input.

Tyler