PIO mode

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Wed Oct 20 13:37:04 EDT 2010

On 10/19/2010 11:22 AM, Paul Fertser wrote:

> BTW, while reading the mmiotrace logs (i hope you got all my logs as well
> ;)) i found something that is not present in ssb/b43:
>
> MARK 680.950958 Read dword 0xCE035801 from 0x40, devfn: 0
> MARK 680.950966 Wrote dword 0xCE030001 to 0x40, devfn: 0
>
> And indeed there's code (in the free part of the wl driver) responsible for
> that. Adding that to ssb right after pci_set_master doesn't help though :|

As you probably noticed, I have submitted a patch to clear 0x41 in the PCI
configuration space.

More to report on the "ssh user at ipaddress bash -c 'cat > /dev/null' < /dev/zero"
test. If I issue it on the netbook using the IP address of a computer connected
to the AP with a wire, it does not fail. So far, the test has been running for
nearly 24 hours. When I log into the wired machine and issue the command using
the netbook's address, then it fails after 20-22 minutes when it gets the "No
probe response" message that I reported earlier.

Larry