PIO mode

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:54:28 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:37:04PM -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
> On 10/19/2010 11:22 AM, Paul Fertser wrote:
> > MARK 680.950958 Read dword 0xCE035801 from 0x40, devfn: 0
> > MARK 680.950966 Wrote dword 0xCE030001 to 0x40, devfn: 0
>
> As you probably noticed, I have submitted a patch to clear 0x41 in the PCI
> configuration space.

Yes, thank you (tbh i was surprised to see you adding the code to the
"fixup" routine but i thought you know better, now Michael's clarified it
fully :) )

> More to report on the "ssh user at ipaddress bash -c 'cat > /dev/null' < /dev/zero"
> test. If I issue it on the netbook using the IP address of a computer connected
> to the AP with a wire, it does not fail. So far, the test has been running for
> nearly 24 hours. When I log into the wired machine and issue the command using
> the netbook's address, then it fails after 20-22 minutes when it gets the "No
> probe response" message that I reported earlier.

It looks like we're seeing two different issues.

BTW, with this test i can't reproduce my "fatal dma" problems if i
modprobe/rmmod wl first, so that's somehow related. Do you have any ideas
on how i can further help with debugging?

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com