[ATH9K_HTC] Debug files

Matteo matteo.danieletto at gmail.com
Sat Jul 27 12:35:36 EDT 2013

Hi all,

In the last two weeks I sent a couple of email about the retransmission frames. Maybe I found some interesting information for my point of view, but I need confirmation.
I found in pathDebug/ath9k_htc/ a file tgt_tx_stats with the rows Xretries, short retries and long retries.

I understood that  the value Xretries stays for the number of packets have exceed the threshold of the number of attempts , short retry is the number of RTS resent  and long retry is the number of generic frame resent.

In pathDebug/statistics/ there is retry_count , even in netdev:wlanx/stations/MACADDRESS/tx_retry_count  and the value is always zero.

So, as you might think, the tx_retry_count and/or retry_count are equal to long retries value , aren't?

thanks a lot

Matteo