[ath9k_htc] Modify Firmware

Oleksij Rempel linux at rempel-privat.de
Fri Jul 26 00:47:22 EDT 2013

Am 26.07.2013 00:58, schrieb Matteo Danieletto:
> Hi all,
>
> I am newbie about programming firmware, but I want understand more about this world for hobby and work.
>
> Two weeks ago I wrote a mail on ath9k_htc about how to find the retransmission frame with ath9k_htc, I found in /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy1/statistics/retry_count but it was always 0.
>
> So,  two guys answered me to modify the firmware, but I have a really stupid problem, how can I debug the firmware?
>

> I cannot use printf or printk, so I found this function adf_os_print("bla bla bla \n");
>
> I expected to find a message on dmesg but it didn't seem the right way.
>
> Do you have any suggestion ?
> Thanks a lot
>
> Matteo

It wont print any thing to dmesg. It will print to UART interface on the
chip. See:

https://github.com/qca/open-ath9k-htc-firmware/blob/master/docs/uart
http://wikidevi.com/wiki/AR9271
http://wikidevi.com/wiki/AR7010
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/102032716864870215256/albums/5877115877330410481

and you can use A_PRINTF("..."); it is shorter ;)

--
Regards,
Oleksij