Anyone brought up 9984 NIC on x86-64?

Sebastian Gottschall s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Wed Jul 13 16:12:24 PDT 2016

Am 13.07.2016 um 19:26 schrieb Manoharan, Rajkumar:
>> I added a few patches to my 4.7 kernel to enable ath10k to load for 9984,
>> but it immediately crashes due to IOMMU error when trying to allocate
>> memory.
>>
>> I'm building the latest linux-ath tree now and will test that when it
>> is done, but I am curious to know if anyone has successfully booted
>> 9984 on x86-64?
>>
> Ben,
>
> Are you seeing IOMMU error even after wtih your DMA_BIDIRECTIONAL change? Could you please try with
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9175029/
>
> But increase WMI_MAX_MEM_CHUNK_SIZE to 512.
while debugging i found out that it will allocate up to 800 kb here on
99xx chipsets. truncating  this value in any way will definitly cause
out of bound access conditions.
so i assume the code is wrong. the firmware requests the size, so it
should get it. otherwise unexpected behaviour is guaranteed

Sebastian

> -Rajkumar

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Regards

Sebastian Gottschall / CTO

NewMedia-NET GmbH - DD-WRT
Firmensitz:  Berliner Ring 101, 64625 Bensheim
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 25473
Geschäftsführer: Peter Steinhäuser, Christian Scheele
http://www.dd-wrt.com
email: s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com
Tel.: +496251-582650 / Fax: +496251-5826565