Running throughput tests

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Fri Mar 28 11:31:41 EDT 2014

Bart Jooris <Bart.Jooris at intec.ugent.be> writes:

> On 02/27/2014 04:59 PM, Kalle Valo wrote:
>> Changing subject.
>>
>> Bart Jooris<Bart.Jooris at intec.ugent.be>  writes:
>>
>>> Just got a stable 160Mbps (iperf udp, tweeking the distance and ended
>>> up around 50cm) on a Ubuntu 13.10 client (regulatory.bin still not
>>> ok).
>>> Not yet the 300Mbps as I read earlier on the thread.
>>> What could be the next steps to speed up the link?
>> First I would use the full hostapd configuration which I just added to
>> the wiki:
>>
>> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath10k/configuration#Full_hostapd_configuration
>>
>> Next I would disable all possible debug features from kernel and make
>> sure that they are not included in the build. And last try to find a
>> free channel with little interference as possible.
>>
>> I'm sure others have better ideas.
>>
> No luck for now. 160Mbps seems to be the limit using the mentioned
> configuration (I had to fix the channel to 36 and add
> vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=42 again to bring up the AP)
> I'm using sparkLAN WPEA-351AC cards with QCA9880 chip set.

You are providing very little information which makes it difficult to
help. For starters:

* What firmware version?

* What version of ath10k are you using?

* Are you sure that the host is not limiting the throughput in any way?
  Try to disable _all_ kernel debug options.

* Also describe your test setup in detail.