Running throughput tests

Bart Jooris Bart.Jooris at intec.ugent.be
Fri Mar 28 11:11:07 EDT 2014

Dear Kalle,

On 02/27/2014 04:59 PM, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Changing subject.
>
> Bart Jooris<Bart.Jooris at intec.ugent.be>  writes:
>
>> Just got a stable 160Mbps (iperf udp, tweeking the distance and ended
>> up around 50cm) on a Ubuntu 13.10 client (regulatory.bin still not
>> ok).
>> Not yet the 300Mbps as I read earlier on the thread.
>> What could be the next steps to speed up the link?
> First I would use the full hostapd configuration which I just added to
> the wiki:
>
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath10k/configuration#Full_hostapd_configuration
>
> Next I would disable all possible debug features from kernel and make
> sure that they are not included in the build. And last try to find a
> free channel with little interference as possible.
>
> I'm sure others have better ideas.

No luck for now. 160Mbps seems to be the limit using the mentioned
configuration (I had to fix the channel to 36 and add
vht_oper_centr_freq_seg0_idx=42 again to bring up the AP)
I'm using sparkLAN WPEA-351AC cards with QCA9880 chip set.
I' ve got this info from SparkLAN:

On 03/03/2014 11:35 AM, (SparkLAN) wrote:
> It seems like you are trying to test on AP mode with DFS band, but
> unfortunately Ath9K and 10K does not support that so far.

You are probably using Compex cards with the same chip set?
Based on the chip set, I should be able to get higher bitrates or is it
possbile that the WPEA-351AC card needs another configuration?

Thanks a lot,

Bart