[wireless-regdb] TDWR Channels are not prohibited anymore in FCC

Jouni Malinen jouni at qca.qualcomm.com
Wed Mar 4 13:27:52 PST 2015

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 01:07:30PM +0000, Mishol, Guy wrote:
> I checked all FCC countries and apparently most of them already has these TDWR channels enabled.
> The only FCC countries without TDWR channels enabled in the db.txt:
> BB  CN  DM  DO  GT  MY  PA  SV  US  VE

What is this list based on? What are these "FCC countries"? If that is
based on the DFS region, it is not appropriate to use that information
for determining which channels may or may not be allowed in the country
(it only controls the radar detection rules). In any case, this list is
not correct and the proposed patch should not be applied.