bewan : most uglier driver

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Mon Jul 18 13:42:25 EDT 2005

Hi,

last week as a friend have some problem with his modem a bewan usb adsl,
I look the driver they provide for linux [1].
The driver support usb and pci device and seem able to use atm interface
or use a fake ethernet interface.

The pci driver seem to provide raw atm packet so I believe it could be
interresting to split usbatm into a raw atm driver and an usb part.

But the firmware seem to be excecuted on the host cpu, for that they
need to include in their driver a libm !!!
Also there are in their driver some c++ file (don't know if they are
realy used in normal case).

Weel I think the "Swapping to the host computer " from ADI is beat by
this desing ;)

Matthieu

[1]
http://www.bewan.com/bewan/drivers/bast-0.9.0.tgz