snort3 (at least) not building in 23.05

Eric evil.function at proton.me
Tue Apr 9 15:31:22 PDT 2024

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 at 13:52, Jonas Gorski <jonas.gorski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 at 18:59, Eric via openwrt-devel
> openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org wrote:
>
> > The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
> > sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.
> >
> > To mitigate this problem, the original message has been wrapped
> > automatically by the mailing list software.

Hey Jonas,

Sure, I'll open an issue there.  After reading Hannu's post on the forum, I removed that symbol from the snort3/Makefile and now defconfig and menuconfig work as expected.  But, the snort3 build has issues beyond this (that was apparently just masking the underlying problems, will post more in the issue).

Thanks,
Eric