snort3 (at least) not building in 23.05

Jonas Gorski jonas.gorski at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:52:42 PDT 2024

Hi Eric,

On Tue, 9 Apr 2024 at 18:59, Eric via openwrt-devel
<openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org> wrote:

> The sender domain has a DMARC Reject/Quarantine policy which disallows
> sending mailing list messages using the original "From" header.
>
> To mitigate this problem, the original message has been wrapped
> automatically by the mailing list software.

A quick look at the package history points at
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commit/cd5f6637f2c500aa24ed453f510d5e5821c25496
which added a dependency on HAS_LUAJIT_ARCH, but the commit adding the
symbol https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commit/5eea661fdb797462412530a07e73c27e57eb8677
was never backported to 23.05. So snort3 in 23.05 depends on a
non-existing symbol, causing it to be unselectable/buildable.

Can you open an issue for that at https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues ?

Best Regards,
Jonas