Openconnect semi-working

LuisFernando Enriquez-Contreras mathcoin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:44:07 PDT 2021

Dear all,
I use openconnect to access my university server to access journals that otherwise would be in a paywall. My university requires us to use its VPN to access journal publications. I have done this for more than a year with no problems. Now, I can connect to my VPN, and access shared university folders, but I cannot access journals. Openconnect just shows a sucessful connection and no errors. I used cisco anyconnect with my windows os, and it does access journal publications. I also have noticed before my journal access stopped working, I could check the weather with my VPN connected and it would show the weather at my university's location rather than my physical location. Now, it shows the weather for my actual location instead of my university's location even with the VPN. I am not very familiar with VPNs, but it seems that open connect is not completely masking my location, and the journals can notice that. I read that it might be my network manager rather than openconnect, but I am not quite sure what to do. Please let me know if more detail is needed. Thanks for the help.