Time for a 6.00 release?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jun 24 01:08:01 PDT 2014

> On Mon, 2014-06-23 at 21:58 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>> Is there anything else we need to fix before we call it 6.00?
>> There's the Windows tun issues with odd netmasks and the ubiquitous
>> confusion about how we're supposed to handle the MTU, but I'm not sure
>> I'm going to hold my breath for those to be fixed.
>
> btw. regarding that, I realized that all anyconnect clients connecting
> to ocserv, the first seconds of the session perform an MTU discovery
> using DPD packets (over DTLS). These DPD packets range from the maximum
> MTU to small values, and have a padding with some fixed format (they do
> not just contain arbitrary data after the dpd header). I attach some
> example captures in case you're interested, but I wouldn't consider that
> as a blocker for 6.00.

Hm, joy. So that's a third way of negotiating the MTU, and this time
possibly even after the interface has been set up?

We haven't really understood how the X-CSTP-Base-MTU thing works yet, have
we? Or indeed how it can *ever* work reliably... which may explain why
there's now a new method :)

It might be worth trying to get this into 6.00; I'll take a look. Thanks.