help debugging openconnect hang?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Dec 17 13:49:24 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-12-17 at 15:40 -0600, Kevan Rehm wrote:

> This happens 4-5 times a day.   The only choice at that point is to
> Cntl-C out of the openconnect session, then reconnect to the work
> server, then I'm good again for a few hours.   Prior to my workstation
> upgrade (opensuse 12.1) I did not have these problems.
>
> I'm looking for help/advice on how best to debug this problem. Ideas?

My first guess is that something is screwing with your routing. Perhaps
a DHCP renew is resetting your routes to go via your local network
instead of the VPN.

Show 'ip route' output when you're first connected, and when it's
broken.

Try capturing traffic on the tun0 interface when it's not working. Are
the packets even being *sent* that way?