ocserv HEAD with iOS 6.1.2 fails after successful cert auth

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Thu Feb 28 08:01:47 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 09:10:31AM +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 9:01 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-02-28 at 08:44 +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> >> I think it makes more sense to port the openconnect client to android
> >> (and iphone for that matter)...
> > Jason already did the former, although it would be great if someone
> > would make a package out of it which uses the "new" VPN API in ICS that
> > lets it run as non-root. We have the UI side for the authentication
> > already; we just need the VPN 'plumbing'...

Wow, that was a while ago.  The (ancient) code is still up on infradead
[1] and if you look at the dates, you could probably dig up the patch
submissions to this mailing list.

Honestly, Android is worse than autohell.  Maybe I'm biased by years of
C and text editor/commandline 'IDE's, but Java/Dalvik/mini-oracle
appears to have been designed by people who were either smoking crack or
loved organizing code randomly across an unnecessarily large tree.

In particular, Android uses git in such a simplistic and broken way that
there is no possibility of taking advantage of the full power of git for
the project.

At any rate, that code probably isn't very useful nowadays because it
added openconnect into Android itself as another VPN type.  ie, not an
app, but part of the core system.  Very similar to how openvpn is
integrated in to cyaogenmod.

> Is there any link to the android client? I see it is mentioned on the
> supported platforms in the openconnect site... but no link on packages
> or so.

See [1].

On a side note, I'd love to see how easy it is to integrate into
Ubuntu's Phone OS and Tablet OS.

thx,

Jason.

[1] http://git.infradead.org/ and search for 'jcooper'.  All the repos