ocserv 0.0.1 release

Jason Cooper jason at lakedaemon.net
Mon Feb 25 15:32:02 EST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 09:19:51PM +0100, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> On 02/25/2013 02:57 PM, Jason Cooper wrote:

> >> Just ignore then the autoreconf step and just run ./configure on that.
> >
> > checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> > checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> > checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
> > checking for gawk... no
> > checking for mawk... mawk
> > checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> > checking for gcc... gcc
> > checking whether the C compiler works... yes
> > checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
> > checking for suffix of executables...
> > checking whether we are cross compiling... no
> > checking for suffix of object files... o
> > checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
> > checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> > checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
> > checking for style of include used by make... GNU
> > checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
> > checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
> > checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
> > checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
> > checking for Minix Amsterdam compiler... no
> > checking for ar... ar
> > checking for ranlib... ranlib
> > configure: error: cannot run /bin/bash build-aux/config.sub
> >
> > meh.  The requested file isn't present.  This output is for
> > ocserv_0_0_1, same or similar error for ToT.
>

> I don't know why is that. When I run "autoreconf -fvi" and this file is
> missing I get:
> configure.ac:11: installing `build-aux/config.sub'

hmm, I would assume that's when autoreconf is happy.  Since mine is not,
I don't get that far.  I'm currently upgrading the system to wheezy to
see if that helps.  squeeze-backports didn't have a newer version of
automake...

> > Do you really *need* autohell?  Your only external dependencies seem to
> > be gnutls, seccomp, and pam.  It might be a good idea to rip it out and
> > only add it in when folks start complaining that they can't build on
> > system X.
>

> That folk happened to be me :) I tried to compile an initial version of
> ocserv on my uclibc-based systems and I had to use configure to check
> for libraries and features.

ahh, bummer.  Well, I'm currently testing on an armel system.  I'll take
a look a putting together an ebuild script, then we could build it how
ever we want.  I was trying to avoid cross-compiling it until I knew it
was fairly stable.

thx,

Jason.