Changed trojan

Adam Piątyszek adam.piatyszek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 12:34:04 EST 2011

Hi Paul,

* paulf at free.fr [06.12.2011 17:42]:
> Hi
>
> I tried connecting this morning (with an oldish openconnect on Mac OS X). Instead of the usual command line prompt a login window popped up (written in Java by the looks of it). It had OK and Cancel buttons, a biggish blank rectangle that looked like a multi-line edit but it wouldn't accept any input. There was also a text label Information... or something that looked like a clickable html link, but clicking on it did nothing. I clicked on OK, the box closed and reopened, and after a few goes, another dialog opened with an error message (a Java stacktrace, again in a multi-line edit style thing). I've checked that my connection still works (on Windows with Cisco AnyConnect).
>
> I tried downloading and running the latest OpenConnect, with the same result.
>
> I'll try again tonight and send the more details on the messages.
>
> Has anyone else had this experience?

I experienced the same a few days ago. My company updated the Cisco CSD
trojan to support more Windows antivirus software, but unfortunately,
this is now some Java application that breaks on my Linux system.
Strangely the official Cisco Linux 64-bit client somehow works, without
even launching the CSD trojan, so it must be possible to workaround this.

I tried to tcpdump the connection process of the official cient, but my
experience with http protocol is too limited to debug this...

Thanks,
/Adam