Reconnection problem on roam

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Dec 6 08:39:17 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-05 at 20:49 -0500, Colin Jia Zheng wrote:

> After I restart network, and while openconnect attempts to reconnect,
> “netstat -r” gets stuck after printing these lines

It gets stuck because you're asking it to do DNS lookups. Use
'netstat -rn' and it won't.

> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
> 140.247.5.0     *               255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 wlan0
> default         *               0.0.0.0         U         0 0          0 tun0

OK, this is your problem. The explicit route to the VPN server through
your local gateway is gone. Your vpnc-script will have added it, but
when you restarted the network, it went away again. You may need to add
it back again manually.