Filesystems for new hard disk drive

François Jacques jacf01 at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 26 10:31:29 EST 2005

Hi all,

After a few days of kernel fun and experimentation, I've arrived to the
conclusion that XFS 1.3 (that's the version shipped with 2.4.27) was simply way
too unstable on ARM. I'm currently running with ReiserFS and it looks way more
stable for now... I still keep my ext3fs partition around, just in case I had
to go back to ext3fs.

I've noticed a few spurious interrupts warnings after loading the tulip driver.
I'll try to repro it and send the report to the armlinux list (Maybe its
already fix in 2.4.29 though, I'll check the changelog)

Other than that, everything's pretty cool, but too bad I can't enable the DMA
on the hard drive... The NetWinder is much more quieter with the new hard drive
- in fact, the only thing I hear is the fan!

François

PS: NFS was removed from debian-installer, so don't use these images in the
hope to remote boot the Winder... And Woody boot image (with kernel 2.2)
wouldn't mount my cygwin NFS exports either.