Netwinder info.

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Fri Mar 25 17:03:56 EST 2005

Oztan, Deniz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks in advance I have a very little used ARM netwinder machine with
> 10 gig drive and 64 memory. I got this from my brother and
>
> I know he used it very little by mistake I reset everything and now I am
> having problem connecting through browser. Is there anywhere
>
> I can reload this machine or is there any other operating system better
> used for this machine? I have the cd's but no manual with
>
> this unit.

You can reload the original OS from the CD that came with it (check out
the Rescue-HOWTO on www.netwinder.org, or section 8.5 in the faq:
http://www.netwinder.org/faq.html#8.5

There are newer disk images available as well - "NW-9" is the most
current, and is an approximate port of Redhat 9 to ARM/Netwinder.  The
base image can be found in pub/netwinder/images directory any of the FTP
mirror sites (http://www.netwinder.org/mirrors.html).

Regards,
-Ralph