FW: Hard disk replacement

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Thu Mar 17 11:05:53 EST 2005

François Jacques wrote:

> ;) Is there any constraint on the height? If there isn't, I'll probably get
> the drive today.

You'll have to take a measurement... but there is plenty of room in the
case- you can almost fit in two drives stacked on top of each other (but
I would not recommend this as it gets too hot and there is not enough
room for proper airflow).

The older drives were quite thick, eg. 20-22mm, while almost all new
ones are in the 13mm range... so you should be fine.

> Good point! All my IDE cables are for the 3.5 variety. Thanks for the
> reminder

Another option is a 2.5->3.5" adapter, then you can put the new drive
temporarily in a PC and untar the images/your backups to it.

-R