"no init found"

ninjasuit2000-netwinder at yahoo.com ninjasuit2000-netwinder at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 18:49:55 EST 2004

--- Ralph Siemsen <ralphs at netwinder.org> wrote:
> So the kernel is booting fine now.. it is
> complaining about the root
> filesystem now.  A few lines above the message you
> pasted, it should
> say something like "VFS: mounted root filesystem"...
> can you check that
> message carefully to see that it is looking in the
> right place?  You
> may have to adjust the "rootdev" parameter in
> nettrom to specify the correct
> disk partition.

The message it gives is:

Which indicates to me that it is looking in the right
spot since I only have 2 partitions on the disk 1 swap
and 1 that is formatted ext2...
In netrom I have rootdev set to /dev/hda1 which should
correspond to the ext2 partition on the drive.
I'm not sure if makes any difference, but the
partitions are numbered backwards on the drive, so
hda2 is physically before hda1. I set it up this way
to take advantage of the faster seek times for the
swap partition and I've run systems setup this way for
years, so I can't see that it would be causing any problems...