"no init found"

Ralph Siemsen ralphs at netwinder.org
Mon Dec 27 11:20:37 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 03:37:35PM -0800, ninjasuit2000-netwinder at yahoo.com wrote:
> Well now that I've got the netrom upgraded to 2.3.3 it
> seems that the kernel panics when attemptign to load..
>
> Freeing unused kernel memory: 20k init 4k ebsa285/cats
> Kernel panic: No init found. Try passign init= option
> to kernel.

So the kernel is booting fine now.. it is complaining about the root
filesystem now.  A few lines above the message you pasted, it should
say something like "VFS: mounted root filesystem"... can you check that
message carefully to see that it is looking in the right place?  You
may have to adjust the "rootdev" parameter in nettrom to specify the correct
disk partition.

-R