Aircard 850 on a Thinkpad Z61m

josh at ramat.cc josh at ramat.cc
Tue Jun 26 16:54:23 EDT 2007

As mentioned previously, I'm trying to get an Aircard 850 running under
Debian 2.6.21-1. I noticed that when I insert the card I see the
following in udevmonitor:

lab001:~# udevmonitor
udevmonitor prints the received event from the kernel [UEVENT]
and the event which udev sends out after rule processing [UDEV]

UEVENT[1182890392.229463]
add@/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:15:00.0/0.0
UEVENT[1182890392.229503] add@/class/firmware/0.0
UDEV  [1182890392.236692] add@/class/firmware/0.0
UEVENT[1182890392.313654] remove@/class/firmware/0.0
UDEV  [1182890392.344677] remove@/class/firmware/0.0
UEVENT[1182890392.356058] remove@/class/tty/ttyS0
UEVENT[1182890392.356094] add@/class/tty/ttyS0
UDEV  [1182890392.361692] remove@/class/tty/ttyS0
UDEV  [1182890392.424465]
add@/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:15:00.0/0.0
UDEV  [1182890392.573168] add@/class/tty/ttyS0

which implies that the device is assigned to ttyS0, but I don't hear the
two beeps when inserted and I can't access the device via minicom. Does the
above log mean that the device is recognized and assigned to ttyS0? Is there
another way to figure out why I can't access the device?

  - J