reset of pcmcia device.

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sat May 6 02:53:40 EDT 2006

Hello, Krzysztof!

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 09:17 +0200, Krzysztof Drewicz wrote:
> >pccardctl reset
> ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 169) is a 16550A

> I use hotplug, but it does initialization only first time, rmmoding
> pcmcia-related modules and modprobing gives error:
> $ cat < /dev/ttyS1
> cat: Read Error: Input/output error

I'm quite sure the problem is not on the PCMCIA side of things.  If the
driver requires power cycling of the device, the problem is in the
driver (or less likely in the hardware).  The driver should initialize
the device properly, whether it was power cycled or not.  Using PCMCIA
reset would be a workaround.  Please talk to serial_cs developers.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin