*** DANGER *** unable to remove socket power - reservee= doesn't help

Dominik Brodowski linux at dominikbrodowski.de
Sat Jan 29 15:45:08 EST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for sending me the output. It seems to me the problem has a different
cause than usual. So let's try to track it down.

> d0100000-d01fffff : PCI Bus #01
>   d0100000-d010ffff : 0000:01:00.0
Nothing more in the "reserve=" case? It seems to me some lines are missing
from this output from /proc/iomem

Could you try out a more recent kernel, as a lot changed wrt pcmcia between
2.6.8 and 2.6.11-rc2? Also, in case the yenta socket driver is built into
the kernel, please pass the boot line option "yenta_socket.override_bios=1",
else "modprobe yenta_socket override_bios=1"  before initializing the PCMCIA
subsystem. This experimental option lets the yenta_socket driver allocate
the resources it needs freely, and doesn't use the values passed to it
(indirectly) by the BIOS.