TI 1410 IRQ problem on 2.4 kernel

David Hinds dhinds at sonic.net
Tue Mar 16 14:04:13 GMT 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 03:35:12PM -0500, Mustafa C. Kuscu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I had posted this problem on the hostap list:
>   http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2004-March/006018.html
>
> Pavel Roskin briefly answered my question on the same list:
>   http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2004-March/006025.html
>
> and told me about the linux-pcmcia list. Pavel also mentioned about the
> availability of a working patch:
>   http://ritz.dnsalias.org/linux/pcmcia-ti-routing-8.patch

I don't think your problem is addressed by the recent discussion of TI
bridge interrupt routing issues.  Your problem is that your BIOS is
not assigning an interrupt number to the bridge.

As for what to do about it:

- see if your BIOS has options for directly manipulating PCI interrupt
  assignments.  Some do.  If not, see if you have a "PnP OS support"
  option.  If so, also try changing that.
- if this system is new enough to have ACPI support, then upgrade to a
  2.4.24 kernel with ACPI enabled, which may enable the kernel to
  figure out the interrupt routing for this device.
- if none of that helps, then post this to the linux-kernel mailing
  list, which would be most appropriate forum for what is really a PCI
  interrupt assignment issue, not a problem with the PCMCIA code.

-- Dave