compaq r3000z notebook pcmcia

Russell King rmk+pcmcia at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Jun 18 18:04:56 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:18:24AM -0600, Max wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 11:05:30PM -0700, David Hinds wrote:
> > >
> > > cs: memory probe 0xe1000000-0xe13ff000: excluding 0xe1000000-0xe141dfff
> >
> > The memory ranges listed for the CardBus bridge in 'lspci -v' are
> > *unavailable* for use by 16-bit cards with the 2.6 drivers.  The
> > pcmcia-cs drivers behave differently here: they free the CardBus
> > bridge windows at startup time.
> >
> > With 2.6 I would try similar windows like 0xe0000000-0xe0ffffff,
> > 0xe2000000-0xe2ffffff, etc.  The ranges need to fit within the memory
> > windows of the PCI-to-PCI bridge with secondary bus = 2 on your
> > system.  You may also need to replace the IO port windows with
> > something like 0x4000-0x4fff.
> >
> > -- Dave
>
> Thanks Dave, this certainly pointed me in the right direction and my
> 16bit card now works, however my Cardbus cards still are not working.
> When I insert a card absolutely nothing happens. When I remove the card
> it get the message:
>
> PCMCIA: socket ccabb82c: *** DANGER *** unable to remove socket power

When people get this, can they please grab a copy of 'cbdump.c' build
it and provide the output in addition to the above message.  It'll let
us see what state the cardbus bridge is in after you've removed the
card.

Where you getting this before you changed the memory/io windows?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/