output file cannot be in the UBIFS root directory check is not working quite well

Ricard Wanderlof ricard.wanderlof at axis.com
Mon Oct 8 10:53:51 EDT 2012

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, kyak wrote:

> If a directory is not readable it only means that you can't list its
> contents. But it doesn't mean that you can't list contents of directories
> below that directory.
>
> Once again, here is a simple (my) use case. My /home is not readable (i
> can't list its contents), and this prevents me from building any ubifs
> image inside of /home/user (which is readable).
>
> I really hope i made myself clear this time.

Definitely. I see your point now. This must be a definite bug in
in_path().

One problem though is that when in_path() traverses the tree upwards, and
encounters a directory which it can't read it can't complete its job. On
the other hand, it shouldn't have to do that, it really only needs to see
that the output file is not below the top level of the input tree. Or am I
missing a case here?

/Ricard