query: nand read/write method for 2048 + 64 byte page

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 26 00:28:08 EDT 2009

I noticed

 http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2009-June/026133.html

I don't think I understand the question.  But I have two comments
that might help:

 - First, the ECC schemes don't dictate much about how the
   OOB area gets laid out, so what's the problem?  Just pick a
   layout that doesn't clobber manufacturer bad block markers
   and you'll be pretty much OK.  Stick all ECC at the end, to
   keep it simple.

 - Second, I believe that you will see some issues if you
   try to have ECC cover the OOB too.  Problem being that
   the raw_write primitives are used to write OOB data and
   they don't believe it will be ECC protected.

ECC_HW should probably work fine.  You'll just provide your
own ecclayout struct, and set things up so the NAND core knows
the hardware works in 512 byte chunks that give 7 byte each of
ECC data.

- Dave