MLC Support in JFFS2

apgmoorthy moorthy.apg at samsung.com
Tue Jun 23 08:52:03 EDT 2009

Hi David,

On Tuesday, June 23, 2009 12:45 AM David Woodhouse wrote :

>> If not , Felt that any one of the following patch can be of use
>>
>> 1. http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2007-December/020047.html
>>           - Which removes the Clean Marker.

>There was a reason for the cleanmarker -- it saved us from using partly-erased blocks for data. Do you have some other way to
guarantee that this won't
>happen?
- How about the second One (Refer Below Links), which leaves 1page/block for Cleanmarker.
   http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2008-September/023101.html
   http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2008-September/023044.html

>(Sorry, I think we may have had this discussion before, but I've forgotten the conclusion, if there was one. It was academic at the
time, since we didn't >have any solution for the paired-page insanity anyway.
- Right , I dont see any detailed discussion on this regard in the list.

With Regards
 Moorthy