MLC Support in JFFS2

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jun 22 15:15:13 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 12:20 +0530, apgmoorthy wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Currenlty , Is there a way to use JFFS2 with MLC Memories ( NOP == 1 )?
>
> If not , Felt that any one of the following patch can be of use
>
> 1. http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2007-December/020047.html
>           - Which removes the Clean Marker.

There was a reason for the cleanmarker -- it saved us from using
partly-erased blocks for data. Do you have some other way to guarantee
that this won't happen?

(Sorry, I think we may have had this discussion before, but I've
forgotten the conclusion, if there was one. It was academic at the time,
since we didn't have any solution for the paired-page insanity anyway. I
was mostly just burying my head in the sand and hoping this stupid 'MLC'
crap would go away.)

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation