DiskonChip problems.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Sep 8 06:16:58 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 18:39 +0000, yahoo_groups at rovoreed.com wrote:
> I used to have a driver called fldrvlnx, which created a module called
> doc.o and I'd simply load that module and then I could mount the
> DiskonChip with a line in fstab like
>
> /dev/fla1       /mnt/fla1       msdos   defaults        0       0

You were using a binary-only module. If you were shipping embedded
products which used a combination of that and the GPL'd kernel, then you
were violating the GPL. You really shouldn't admit to such things in
public. I hope you were doing this only in your lab and not shipping
such code.

> Now I see in 2.4.31, things have moved on and the DiskonChip stuff is
> different. Can someone enlighten me as to how I'm supposed to get it
> to work ?

Enable the DOC2000 hardware driver and NFTL, and it should turn up
as /dev/nftla

--
dwmw2